Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 3 Snow Delay

So despite there being a 2 hour delay and 2 hour early dismissal, my block was still scheduled to go its normal time and length for when it occurs on Wednesday.  Well let's complicate that fact with there was a cancellation on Friday due to snow.  The school did not rotate their days but instead waited, so I'm on the wrong week.  I did stay and observe the kids.  I did actually get inspired to write out a lab by one of them playing around with their current activity which was taking prisms and refracting lights. One took off her glasses and placed it in the focused beams.  You could see the multiple slit light focusing into one single beam.  I don't think she realized that this would be the answer to the homework she got later in the day.  But my inspiration would be to take a variety of lens/prescriptions of whatever is in the room (have spares or my own pairs as back up) and do the same thing.  Have the students explain why and what it is helping to correct.  So I'll get back to the questions when they are my group and try a double post later on since I already know the answer to the upcoming week's question.  

No comments:

Post a Comment