Monday, March 11, 2013

Time Frame of Lessons

Well during my discussions I have learned that my cooperating teacher has pretty much decided he has the freedom to go with what he wants when.  He does have a system where he progresses through things in an organized manner.

I believe I missed a unit on how light energy is captured by the retina.  I came in on a unit on how energy specifically wind, solar, nuclear, and coal (through fossil fuels) is than converted to electricity.  They are now in a unit on waves and sounds.  He says he is not following any standards but is using examples he has gotten from the book, developed and refined over time, stolen from other places etc.  He'll finish the year with chemistry.  So there is long term and medium term planning evident.  I don't see enough day to day operations and the time so far has been too brief to ask about short term planning, but I do know it's timed about down to the week (about 2-3 days due to block schedules).  tomorrow I do know the students will be taking their unit test on waves, and the next time I'll see them may not be till April and the midst of chemistry due to Spring Breaks of both their school and Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment